Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oatmeal Apple Walnut Pancakes

Ok so I thought it would be fun to share the odd concontions I come up with on the fly. As we keep our pantry pretty much not stocked on a regular basis I sometimes have to get creative in the kitchen. This morning I wanted pancakes and I didnt wan the plain buttermilk pancakes the mix provides, so here are my jazzed up version. Enjoy

2 cups pancake mix (I use Aunt Jemima buttermilk mix)
1 1/4 cups water (or however much wet ingredients your mix calls for minus 1/4 cup of water or milk)
2 packages instant Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal mix (I dont care whose you use)
5 tbsp applesauce (or in our case apple baby food)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Mix all ingredients together, let rest about 5 minutes and then cook like normal. Enjoy! They were very tasty this morning with some syrup.